Towing a trailer, caravan, boat or horse float can be a daunting and difficult task for the inexperienced individual.
At METEC we will provide you with practical training and information to help you keep everything in check when on the road, reversing into a specified area, braking, and everything in-between. Whether you are towing for the first time or upgrading to a larger van, we'll help keep you safe on the road.
PRIVATE PRACTICAL TOWING COURSE
COST: $495.00 PER CARAVAN WITH ONE OR TWO PARTICIPANTS
Our Private Practical Tow Only course is an ideal refresher for people with some prior towing experience.
Your private three hour course is conducted at the METEC facility at Bayswater North and will be personally scheduled for you in consultation with our staff.
This course is 1 on 1 with an accredited METEC Instructor.
Participants are required to bring their own insured, towing vehicle and caravan/trailer.
A METEC caravan/trailer is available for hire if required. Hire fee is $110.00.
- Welcome and introduction.
- Brief inspection of correct coupling including chains & cables
- Predominantly practical training in reversing and parking techniques.
- Development of practical techniques including hazard awareness to ensure safe handling of a tow vehicle
- Scheduled with our office
CERTIFIED TOWING COURSE
COST: $695.00 PER CARAVAN WITH ONE OR TWO PARTICIPANTS
Our METEC Certified Towing course, in partnership with Tow-Ed, is an ideal course for beginners. This course is designed to teach practical towing skills plus legal and safety requirements when towing a caravan.
This full day course is conducted at our private METEC facility at 112 Colchester Road, Bayswater North.
Participants are required to bring their own insured, towing vehicle and caravan. A hire caravan is available at an additional cost of $110.00 if you are unable to bring your own van.
- Welcome and introduction.
- Legal and safety checks.
- Correct connection / disconnection procedures.
- Monitored forward towing and straight reversing.
- Circle reverse, reverse angle parking.
- Brake set up, brake controller adjustment, manual override.
- Instructor accompanied drive on private roads at the METEC facility.
- Question time, completion of paperwork.
- As this is a Fully Certified course, Tow-Ed will issue an Accreditation Certificate (by mail) upon successful completion.
- This certified course is AURGTA001 (Drive and manoeuvre trailers). It is delivered by METEC with our RTO Training Getabout Training Services (RTO ID: 90547
- 8.30AM – 4.30PM
We are located at
112 Colchester Rd Bayswater North
We're at the gateway to the Yarra Valley, within easy reach of schools in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. Just under 15 minutes from Canterbury Rd exit, Eastlink.